Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Nebraska, Here We Come!

 Hi all!  Yesterday, for Christmas, we flew into Nebraska to stay with our Nana and Papa.  Early yesterday morning, we packed up the car and drove to the St. Augustine Airport, and caught our first flight to Chicago.
 Because it's her favorite spot to sit, Elizabeth took a seat next to the window.  This flight (two hours) was longer than our second connecting flight (forty-five minutes), so my sister read a book while I watched a movie.
 Landing in Chicago, we were surprised to see the ground covered in snow.  My family grabbed lunch at McDonald's, then headed for out gate, which we arrived at with time to spare.
After boarding, I listened to music and wrote in my journal.
After landing, Mom, Dad, Elizabeth and I walked to baggage claim and picked up our checked bags, which we then carried to our Nana's car.  I was so happy to see her!  Sadly, Papa couldn't come along.
Coming in for the last bags, I spotted none other than my cousin McKenna! 
"McKenna!" I called, running up to give her a hug.
"Chrissa!" she cried when she saw me.
When we had finished, Elizabeth gave McKenna a hug, which was cut short with a "Come on, McKenna! We have to go!" from her mom.  We all ran outside, going our different paths.  It wasn't really "Goodbye", because we knew that we would see her again for Christmas.
The sun set just as we were leaving the airport, ...
... so I snapped this cool picture of Elizabeth.  We had a light dinner at Nana's house, then headed to bed, exhausted.
Are you going anywhere for Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. Nope. We're staying here for Christmas and celebrating with our cousins.
    Melody from TN

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards