Friday, October 4, 2013

A Walk in the Park


 Hi all!  This afternoon, I was really caught up in a great book...
 ...When something jumped on me!  "What was that?" I said, standing up quickly.

 "Oh, it was you, Chocolate Chip." I said.  My dog whined at the door, and looked pleadingly into my eyes.
"I don't want to take you out right now, puppy." I told her. "I'm reading."  Chocolate Chip barked and pawed at the door.
"Whatever." I said, getting up. "But this better be quick."  Sighing, I followed my excited, running puppy downstairs, where I found Elizabeth cuddling with her dog, Sugar.
 
 "Where are you going with that face?" my sister asked.
"To the park." I replied. "Chocolate Chip needs to do her...stuff."
"I see." Elizabeth said with a knowing smile. "Well, have a nice walk."
 "Ug, I want to be reading, not doing this." I whined unhappily.  "Chocolate Chip!"
 "Chocolate Chip?  Where are you?" I said, worried.  Elizabeth says you don't know how good something is until you don't have it, which I found to be true.  I searched all over the park, looking for her.  Calling her name.  I have never been more frightened in my life!  I mean, Chocolate Chip had run off before, but she always came running back when I called.
Suddenly, behind a latter, I saw a familiar brown body.  Chocolate Chip!
 "Oh my sweet puppy, you can never gone running off like that." I said, half-scolding, half-hugging my squirming dog.

 "Let's go home, Chocolate Chip." I said to my puppy. "That's enough excitement for one day."
Owning a dog is not always a walk in the park, in my opinion, it's always worth the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards