Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mail on a Rainy Day

 Hello, lovely readers!  Since it's raining outside, to-day was the sort of day that you feel like curling up with a good book, which is exactly what I did...

 ... until Chrissa ran up the stairs and barged into my quietness.
"Hey Elizabeth!  Great news!  The rain let up for a second, so I ran out and got the mail, and there were two letters for us!" Chrissa said excitedly with one breath.
"From Marie-Grace, Liberty, Lexie, and Melodie?" I guessed.
"Yup!  Isn't it cool how we almost always get letters from them at the same time?"
"Indeed."
 Here are the letters from our cousins.
 Eagerly, Chrissa and I sat down to read our pen pals' words.
"Elizabeth?" my sister asked.
"Yes?"
"Do you want to write replies to these awesome letters, like, right now?" 
"Sure, that sounds like a lovely idea." I agreed.  So, we dragged our letter supplies out of the closet, ...
 ... and began to write.
"What do you think?" I inquired, holding up a white card with two red hearts below the message Happy Valentine's Day.
 "Oh, how cute!  I like the Valentine's day idea." Chrissa said, while busily snipping some paper.
When we finished our letters, Chrissa and I addressed and stamped the envelopes.  They are ready to go!
How do you spend a rainy day?

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Where did you find the little, clear box for your pencils? Snail mail is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you got the letters. It really is funny how we send you mail and it gets there the same day as your cousins'.
    ~Melody from TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love th Valentine's day idea.

      Melody from TN

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! This post is so cute!!!!

    Elly

    Here is an address to my blog: 2dollstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! You got our letters! We'll be waiting for your reply! Libby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards