Monday, February 17, 2014

To Joann's!

Hello, lovely readers!  After lunch, Mother, Chrissa and I went shopping.  We all walked inside the massive Joann's store.
 Naturally, I headed straight for the fabric section, because I had a new pattern to sew.
 "Hmm," I murmured, pulling one gray fabric after another.  "Too dark, too thin, ... ah, this will do perfectly!"
 "Isn't this fabric beautiful?" I asked my sister.  "Chrissa?"  
Turning around, I saw that she wasn't listening.
 "EEEEEE!  Tropical colors!!"  My sister nearly shouted.  
 "Mom, could you make me a shirt out of this?!"  She questioned, showing my mother a extremely neon bright bolt of fabric.
"Er, I don't think so.  Let's look for something else."
 "How about this?"
"Honestly, dear.  You know the answer."
"This one?"
"I don't think so."
"Okay, what about this one?"
"$16 a yard!  It's too expensive."  Finally, they agreed on a nice, blue, zebra print.  
The fabric was cut, so we headed to the floral section of the store.
 Do you like my hair?  I had kept the heart braid in for a while, but I wanted something different.  Chrissa suggested that I fishtail the remaining hair, so I did!
 Chrissa posed in front of the flowers.  Mother chose some daisies, and we continued.
On our way to the cheek out, Chrissa spotted Duck Dynasty gear, which made her "happy, happy, happy".
 After paying for our purchases, we drove home.
 I love going to Joann's, so I can sew more with new fabric!
Where's your favorite place to shop?

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time at Joann's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great adventure! I'm looking forward to the end results with those fabrics.
    Did you post a tutorial on how to do the fishtail braid. I really need to learn how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they did, but you can find tutorials for it on youtube, it's actually much easier than it looks! Hope this helps,
      Jessica
      xo

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I know someone did. I'll have to check my "blogs to revisit" folder. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the fabric choices. Mom recently got me some new fabric for an outfit. Purple leopard print.:) Can't wait to see the new outfits.
    Melody and Alexis from TN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you make! Marie likes to sew, but not amazingly. See ya! Libby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards