Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Movie and a Surprise

 Today, after school, Chrissa asked me if I wanted to watch a movie with her.
"What one were you thinking of?" I inquired.
"McKenna shoots for the Stars." she replied.  "I love watching the gymnasts!"
"They are interesting." I said.  "So I think I will join you."
"Great! I'll go set up the movie." Chrissa said as she ran down the stairs.
"And I will make some popcorn."

 Chrissa and I settled down to watch our movie, and our dogs joined us.
 But personally, I think they were more interested in the popcorn than the movie.  When McKenna ended, I went to get the mail.
"Chrissa!" I said happily.  "Look, we got a package from Liberty!"
"Ya!  I've been waiting for her letter!" Chrissa said.
"What's this?" I said.  "A present from Marie-Grace!"
 "Wow, that's pretty." Chrissa said, looking over my shoulder.
 Liberty sent me a letter along with the package.  Inside, it said: 
'Dear Elizabeth,
 Happy Birthday!  A few days ago I got a
 package from Marie.  Inside was a 
letter for me and a present for you. Marie
 ... wishes you a very happy birthday. ...'
"My birthday's not tell November." I said, puzzled.
"Maybe she got mixed up." Chrissa cheerfully suggested.  I don't know, but and early birthday gift was a nice surprise.

2 comments:

  1. What a great surprise! What was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said it at the end of the post- it's the early birthday gift.

      Elizabeth Grace

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards