Friday, May 15, 2015

Happy Birthday to Yours Truly!

 Hi all! Yesterday was my birthday!
 "Happy Birthday, Chrissa!" my sisters greeted me.
"Happy Birthday, dear." Mom said.
 "Thanks!" I replied.
 "What gift do you want to open?" Georgia said.
"Actually, we're going to have breakfast first." Mom reminded her.
 Mom made blueberry muffins with the blueberries that we picked last month (I'm surprised we still had some left).
Afterwards, we returned to the kitchen.
"Here, open this one." Elizabeth suggested, handing me a wrapped gift.
"Okay!" I ripped though the paper. "Oh, these are really cute!"
Inside were a cute, magenta shirt and striped shorts.  I've noticed that if I get clothing for my birthday, I usually open it before I get dressed.
I got dressed, and asked Elizabeth to do my hair.  Both my sisters still had schoolwork, but thankfully Mom let me take the day off.  After lunch, the doorbell rang.
"Victoria? McKenna? Kit?" I heard Georgia ask. "What are you all doing here?"
"SURPRISE!!!" Kit yelled.
"Happy Birthday, Chrissa!" Victoria greeted me as I came downstairs.
"Yes, Happy Birthday." McKenna said.
"Thanks!" I said. "I'm so glad you came over.  I know it's a long drive here from your house."
"Oh, I burned our house down." Kit said nonchalantly.
"You did what?" Georgia looked alarmed.
"I burned it down, so we're moving in with you peeps."
"She's joking." McKenna assured us.
"I am not!  Look, I'll show you a picture on my new iPhone." Kit said, pulling out a iPhone 6.
"Where did that come from?" I questioned my unpredictable cousin.
"You're cute, Chrissa." she replied, standing on our couch and patting my head.
"You are ridiculous." I said, poking her.
Victoria turned to Elizabeth. "Did the package arrive in time?"
Elizabeth nodded. "That's why we weren't expecting you.  The gift is upstairs on the table."
"Let's go up to the kitchen so Chrissa can open the rest of her gifts." Georgia suggested.
We all crowded into the kitchen.
"Oo, I wonder what's in here." I opened a gift bag.  It was a jar of strawberry jelly!  "Thanks, Mom!"
"You're welcome, Chrissa."
Just then, the doorbell rang again. "I'll get it!" Georgia said.
She came back in, looking puzzled.  Georgia whispered something in Elizabeth's ear.
Elizabeth smiled. "I forgot we never introduced you to Holly."
But Holly wasn't the only one at the door.
Holly was followed by three other girls.
"Hello, Chrissa!  Oh!  Is today your birthday?" She spotted  the pile of gifts.
"Yes, it is."
"Oh, happy birthday then!  I just wanted to introduce you to my friends.  Are we interrupting?  We could come back later."
"No, I'd love for you all to join the party!" I said.
"Wonderful!  Now, let me do some introductions."
Gesturing to the taller girl behind her, Holly said "This is my roommate, Cerise - I think I told you about her already."
"I'm Apple." said the blond girl.  "I'm also one of Holly's roommates."
"And I'm Poppy." the third girl said, scratching the back of her head.
"She's my sister." Holly added.
"Everybody go around the circle and say you name." I said to my cousins and sisters.  "I'm Chrissa."
"I'm Georgia." my sister said.
"I'm Elizabeth."
"I'm Victoria."
"I am the fabulous Kit-doodles."
"And I'm McKenna."
"Wow! I didn't know you had so many sisters!" Holly said.
"Actually, Victoria, McKenna and Kit are our cousins." Georgia explained.
"Oh, that makes more sense."
"Let's go back into the living room." Elizabeth said. "There are more places to sit."
McKenna and Elizabeth sat on chairs they brought in from the kitchen.  Kit, Georgia and I sat on the couch.  Holly, Apple and Poppy sat on the coffee table, and Victoria and Cerise stood against the wall.
"Hmm, which one should I open?" I said.
"Open the gift from us!" Kit insisted. "It's the one with the purple balloon."
"How nice of you to remember that purple is my fave color." I said as I opened the gift.
"If I had know it was your birthday I would have brought you a gift." Holly said thoughtfully.
"That's totally fine."  I assured her. "Don't worry about it!"
"Do you like the socks?" Kit asked.  They had given me two pairs - one rainbow, and one that looks like soccer balls.
"Yea, they're really fun!  Thanks cousins!"
"You're welcome."
"Here, open this one from me next." Georgia said, handing me a wrapped box.
I tore the paper off to reveal a pair of green sandals. "Thanks, Georgia."
"You're welcome!  I think they match the outfit you're wearing right now."
"Select your next victim." Kit said.
"That's rather morbid, Kit." Victoria said.
"I'll open this one next." I picked up a tissue paper wrapped present.
"Oo, a snow globe from New Orleans!"
"Do you like it?" Mom asked. "Dad got that for you when he was there."
"It's really fun!  Thanks, Mom and Dad."
"You're welcome."
"I know you'll love this one." Elizabeth said.
"An OLAF dress!?" I squealed.  "This is AWESOME!!"
"Mother bought the fabric, and I made it." Elizabeth said.
"Thank you so much!  I just LOVE it!!"

In the little gold box was a cute puppy necklace from my Nana, and in the last big box was a fun rainbow blanket.
Here you can see the shoes from Georgia, the globe from New Orleans, the socks from my cousins, the amaze Olaf dress, and the rainbow blanket under it.
"Let's all sing happy birthday!" Holly said.
Georgia looked at Elizabeth.  "Are you ready?"
My eldest sister nodded. "Chrissa, we decided that we wanted to do something different and re-wrote the classic 'Happy Birthday' song just for you."
Georgia pulled out her violin. "We'll teach all of you the words so you can sing along.  It goes like this:
Happy Birthday, Chrissa,
You know we all love ya
We enjoy your sense of humor,
Happy Birthday forever!"
All my friends sang along.
Who do you like to spend your birthday with?
P.S. Can you believe this is our 200th post?

16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! I didn't know you had ever after high dolls? I have Poppy, My two sisters have Cerise and Holly, and my mom has Apple (My mom actually looks like her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, DJwolf Addy!
      ~Chrissa

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Chrissa!!! Wow you had a fabulous birthday party!! Kit makes me laugh so laugh so much!! It was great to meet the rest of Holly's friends =)
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lydia! Kit is totally hilarious, isn't she? I thought meeting Cerise, Poppy and Apple was great. It's not very often we get new neighbors!
      ~Chrissa

      Delete
  3. Family and you! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby! Cant' wait to see you soon. ;)
      ~Chrissa

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! I had lots of fun.
      ~Chrissa

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Chrissa! Enjoy your fantastic presents, especially the Olaf dress. :)
    -Lexi from TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexi! I'm totally loving my Olaf dress.
      ~Chrissa

      Delete
    2. I also love your sandals. They would totally go with any outfit.
      Lexi

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday! I love Apple's waves! How did you do them? Did you just brush her hair out?:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! I don't know how Apple waved her hair (or curled it, or whatever). I'll have to ask her and get back to you.
      ~Chrissa

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday! Your new Olaf dress is adorable.

    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Chrissa!! Your cousins are so funny, especially Kit. Congrats on reaching the 200th post mark!!
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! Looks like a great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards