Sunday, June 9, 2013

At Estes Park

Hi all!  Today after a early lunch Elizabeth and I went to the Alluvial Fan in Estes National Park!  To get to Estes park, you dive along Old Fall River Road.  It's a beautiful drive.  
"Look Elizabeth!  It's a deer!" I exclaimed once we were in the park.
"Actually, that's a Elk, Chrissa."  she replied.
"Deer, elk, it's all the same" I shrugged.
Here are the Alluvial Falls.
Here I am in front of the river.  The water was horribly cold, but I was hot, so I took off my shoes and waded into the mountain stream.  
"Come dip your toes, Elizabeth! It's not that cold once you get use to it!" I insisted.
"Err... I think I will pass.  I'm wearing a dress." Elizabeth replied.
"See, this is why you should wear pants!"
"Chrissa, we have talked about this before." she said. "You know I don't like pants."
"Whatever.  Will you at least take a picture of me?" I begged.
"Oh no, the camera batteries just died." Elizabeth said sadly. "Didn't we charge them last night?"
"I forgot too.  Oh well, you can't have everything." I sighed. "We should have dinner."
Quickly, we headed back down the trail to the picnic tables and devoured our delicious dinner.  Then we hopped in the car and headed back to our Colorado cousin's house.  It was lots of fun to go to Estes National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards