Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Letters and Gifts

 Hi all!  This afternoon, when Elizabeth went to get the mail, she found not one, but three things from our pen pals!
 "Chrissa!" she called, "We received several letters!"  
 Quickly rushing downstairs, I asked for mine.
"Here is a package for you, as well as this letter -" Elizabeth started.
"Thanks!" I interrupted, grabbing them from her hand.
 "O-o, gifts!" I exclaimed. "Fun!"  Leaning over my shoulder, my sister read
"Don't open until your birthday."  She picked them up and set them on the side-table. "Since your birthday is not for another eight days, let's keep them over here."
"I'm so excited." I sighed happily.
 "I am too.  I think you shall love your gifts." Elizabeth said with a mysterious smile.  I tried to get her to tell me more, but she sealed her lips, still smiling.
 "Well, I think we have some letters to reply to!" I said finally.
"Indeed."
Oh, by the way, I loved all the names you suggested for my little wiener dog!  I had such a hard time picking just one.  In the end, I decided on Salty.  Actually, I have always wanted to name a stuffed animal Salty, so it was perfect. 
What exciting things have you done today?

7 comments:

  1. I loved the post! And how did you make such adorable mail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Addy and Emma,
      This is Lexi, one of the senders of the letters. I made the envolope and card for Chrissa myself.
      Lexi from TN

      Delete
  2. So fun! Happy early birthday, Chrissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got our letters! I can't wait for you to see those gifts! And, not much has happened today. Schoolwork, read, wondered when your package would get there. And now it's there! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love getting letters and packages. That name is perfect for the little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. No offence, but this blog is boring! (YAWN)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ExCUSE me? Then don't bother reading it if you find it boring. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards