Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sweet as Sugar: a Photo Shoot

Hello, lovely readers!  Even thought her birthday was almost a week ago, Chrissa still had not opened the gifts from her cousins.  So, she did so after lunch.
The first gift she chose to open was from Liberty, and contained a helpful book entitled "101 Things To Do on a Rainy Day".  Secondly, my sister unwrapped American Girl doll clothes from Marie-Grace.  The last gift was from the whole Gardener family, and contained the movie ...
"Frozen!" Chrissa exclaimed, wildly jumping up and down. "I have been wanting this forever!  Yay!  I'm going to go watch it right now.  Do you want to watch it with me, Elizabeth?"
"Er- not right now." I replied, looking down at my dog. "I need to take Sugar to the park for a little exercise."
"Oh, okay.  You can join me when you get back, if you want."
"Thank you."  With that, Sugar and I walked over to the park.
"Sugar, are you ready to play?" I asked the puppy, lifting her up in the air.
She barked and wagged her tail in return.
I sat down with the puppy on the towel I brought.  Throwing her favorite ball into the air, I told Sugar to "fetch".
Quickly, the tiny dog jumped out of my lap to retrieve her ball.
"Good girl, Sugar." I praised when she returned, and stroked her on the back.
Lifting her into my arms, I told her that her name was a perfect fit, because she is so sweet.
Do you have a sweet pet?

17 comments:

  1. I have two puppies, Brownie and Biscuit. I got them from Our Generation. They're so sweet!
    ~ Cindy Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. If you consider it boring, you have no need to read our posts.

      Delete
    2. Nor do you have need to comment; just close the window and move on.

      Delete
  3. My puppy Caramel is sooooooooooo sweet! And I'm glad you liked our gifts. By the way, your hair looks like Elsa's in Frozen! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar is so cute. Our yorkie, Anna, loves going to the park too. Great pictures, Elizabeth.
    Melodie from TN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Sugar is adorable! I have a puppy called Muffin. She is white and fluffy, and very cute! I named her Muffin because of her (very) small size.
    Melody
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo story. I love the material in the dress Elizabeth is wearing.
    We have a lot of pets; Licorice and Caramelotta have the "sweet" names, but all of our pets are sweet to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth is soo pretty! I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a golden retriever puppy named Deuce. He's so sweet! If you want to, he lets you cuddle with him and squish his face! (LOL!) He always makes me smile. :) Also, where did you get Elisabeth's dress? I think it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress was a homemade birthday gift from my Mother. I did a post about it (see here: http://thesaltysadollblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/my-birthday-dress-is-done.html)

      ~Elizabeth

      Delete
  9. This is my first comment, but I've been looking at your blog for a while! Sugar is so adorable, and your pictures are so beautiful! I love it! :)

    (By the way, I nominated you for an award! http://ohmydollies.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-daisy-chain-award.html )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sugar is so cute and your pictures are beautiful!
    ~awesomeamericangirl02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards