Monday, June 9, 2014

To the Mailbox

Hello, lovely readers!  Due to the large amount of rain in our area recently, my family had not picked up our mail in a few days.
Consequently, after lunch, I went to get it.  Chrissa would  have, but she was working on a birthday gift for our cousin, Liberty, whose birthday is on Wednesday.
I hooked up Sugar's leash so she could come along.  Her little legs needed the exercise!
I turned the nob, and we went out the door.
All that rain left the grass quite lush and green.
After a semi-short walk, I arrived at the mailbox ...
... and emptied it of it's contents.  Upon returning home, I unclasped Sugar's leash and sifted through the mail.  To my excitement, I found a letter addressed to me, as well as one for my sister.
"Chrissa!" I called upstairs. "Please come down!"
"Why?" she replied, curious.
"There's a letter for you from Kit P!"
"Okay; I'll be down in a sec!"
While I was waiting, I open the cute, colorful envelope.
And read the letter from my North Carolina pen pal, Kit P. (Chrissa and I call her that so as not to confuse her with our cousin Kit.)
"Where's my card?" Chrissa wanted to know when she arrived downstairs.
"On the counter." I said, gesturing to the kitchen.
"Thanks!" she replied, grabbing it and running back upstairs.  I finished reading my card, and look forward to writing a reply.
Do you like receiving or sending letters better?

5 comments:

  1. Both! Your hair looks pretty that way, Elizabeth. Oh, and it's been raining here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEED to do a post on how you do your doll's hair! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she should make a post on how to do her doll's hair! It's so cute! It's been rain here real hard and non-stop! I like receiving and sending letters! (or emails....if that counts :)

      Delete
  3. Love the hairstyle and the dress is gorgeous.Great story and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo story! I love reading each post. :) I really like receiving and writing letters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards