Saturday, June 21, 2014

Garage Sales and the Library

Hi all!  This morning, my mom took Elizabeth and I garage saleing (if that's even a word)!  I found some neat stuff, namely ...
... a American Girl doll-sized horse, a set little dog figures, and a neck pillow, which will good for traveling.  Elizabeth just got some fabric.  By the time we got home, it was lunch time, so we sat down and ate.  Then, we packed up our books and headed to the library!
Upon we walking inside, my sister immediately went to look for some book series about princesses.  Mom and I returned the books we were done reading.  Then we went our separate ways to get new books!
Usually, I just meander down the isles, grabbing anything that looks interesting.
"Did you find any good books?" Mom asked later.
"I hope so." I smiled.  Elizabeth walked over, carrying two bags full of books, and looking perfectly happy.
"I'm set until next week." she said, making both of us laugh.
 Then we all checked out, and hopped in the car.
"Shotgun!" I called, jumping into the passenger seat.
 As a special treat, Mom took Elizabeth and I to the McDonald's drive-through.  I got a strawberry shake, of course.
I can't wait to start reading!
Do you like going to the library?

10 comments:

  1. Hi! That's pretty much my average Saturday! I love the quality of the photos! What camera do you use? (I'm doing camera research.) I love the girls' hair!
    Bye!
    Zoë from - Glowyzoe.blogspot.com -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo-story.
    I love reading and am going to take my dolls to the library soon!

    Allison
    http://fourfriendsincollege.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading! I pick out books the way Chrissa does, wander around the shelves and pick out books that look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE going to the library. I usually check out books on my favorite authors or series. Do you and Elizabeth have a favorite author or series?
    Melodie from TN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE reading and I check out about a million books a week! I really like garage sales too! All the different stuff you can find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, sounds like an awesome morning! We haven't been garage saleing ever and we'd love to go and find goodies like you found! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your little horsey! And, a McD's shake sounds YUMMY!! We must check the papers for garage sales in our area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture with Elizabeth in the library! So cute :)
    The library where I live doesn't have so much books, so I just order them online.
    I love THG, The Mortal Instruments, Divergent, The Maze Runner, etc.
    What kind of books do you like?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo story. I love finding things a yard and garage sales. The library is an awesome place (you can get some great books at yard sales too). Great day! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you make that awesome shake?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dragon Spear by Jessica Day George is one of my favorites! I love going to the library too. :)

    Lulu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to check out our blog! We love hearing your thoughts or questions, but please respect others by not using foul or discouraging language. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We can (and will) delete inappropriate comments.
Thank you!
~Elizabeth and Chrissa Edwards