Hello, lovely readers! We had several of you requested a fishtail braid tutorial, so since it was my turn to post (Chrissa and I do take turns- most of the time, at least) I decided to try!
You will need ...
- ... a hairbrush, ...
- ... hair bands, ...
- ... and optionally a misting bottle. When your hair is slightly wet, it will hold a braid better.
Are you ready? Let us start ...
1. Brush out any tangles in the hair, lightly misting it with your squirt bottle.
2. Split the hair down the middle. If you are doing two fishtail braids, as I am, loosely put one side in a hairband. Split the hair you are working on again.
3. Starting on the left, take a small piece of hair and place it into the middle.
4. Now pulling a strand from the right, make a cross with the two pieces. (Note: I only used the clip so you could see the hair clearly.)
5. Put a second hair from the left over the first one.
6. Pull a strand from the right over the first one. Be careful to make sure that after each cross, you are only holding two sections of hair!
7. Continue this all the way down the head, until you run out of hair. Then, take a piece of hair from the section top and continue, ...
8. ... until you reach the bottom, tying it off with a pony-tail holder.
9. You're done if only doing one braid, but if you are doing two, then
10. Repeat steps 3-8 on the opposite side.
It is my hope that you found this understandable and helpful.
Do you like hair-styling?